View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Last night HBO had a special about all the olympic athletes that battle severe depression and mental health challenges and become suicidal. It's called "The Weight of Gold". It's an original HBO Documentary. I learned SO much from watching that documentary and I had no idea how these athletes often suffer through debilitating mental health challenges.

I know that's a bit off topic in terms of wanting to create a thread to discuss strategies for coping with this challenge. However, for anyone wanting to understand or even learn they are not alone when it comes to experiencing severe mental health challenges, I recommend watching this documentary. We tend to think these individuals have it all, when in reality they genuinely struggle to achieve and they definitely pay a very high price to do so. Having an open discussion like this can help people understand they are not alone and that we need to change the feeling that we all have to hide our genuine struggle but instead learn to have a discussion and reach out for help.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote