View Single Post
justbreathe1994

Member Since Dec 2015
123 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2020 at 12:35 AM

**Admins, please don't move this thread. I am intentionally reaching out to the psychotherapy forum because I still feel impacted by my former therapist (whom I've shared about on this thread) in my current situation**

I'm not sure if any of you will remember me but I had a therapist almost 2 years ago terminate our relationship because I crossed her boundary. The relationship had always been filled with boundary crossings (her and I both). She passed me heart notes in therapy group and said I love you many times, among many other things. I was devastated. I drank to cope which helped me forget everything when I couldn't make sense of it.

Flash forward to now and I am in recovery and doing well. I found an amazing sponsor who has taken me under her wing and has just been so caring and loving. I was against the idea of getting a sponsor or finding one I liked and would actually want to call out of fear I'd become attached to them. While I am already feeling attached, I am determined to not let it get the best of me and try my hardest to focus on building my relationship with my higher power. Because you guys know my history, I wanted to ask if any of you had any advice on what I should share with my sponsor about my ex T. I was addicted to the relationship I had with ex T and my T herself. I am worried that I'll scare my sponsor away or freak her out if I share the details of how our relationship ended with me crossing T's boundary. Again, I hope this is ok to post here. I know many of you probably aren't in AA, but perhaps you can relate to struggling with telling people in your everyday life about the relationships you have with your therapist. For me, I am just really afraid my sponsor won't understand or that she'll see me as dependent.
justbreathe1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Elio, LonesomeTonight, Lostislost, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Quietmind 2