View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2020 at 04:14 AM

I agree with Seiche. I feel that several medications are commonly prescribed for multiple conditions. I have also found that many healthcare providers do not disclose possible side effects. I have multiple disabilities and I am well aware that I am my best advocate. Healthcare providers seek to prescribe medications for commonly everything. It’s constantly pushing big pharma.
To answer your direct questions. My aunt was on gabapentin for over a year. It was prescribed to her to assist with her arthritis. She was taken off of it because it was causing her several side effects including severe weight gain.
I have read in medical newsletters many of the medications usually prescribed for pain and fibromyalgia have the possible side effects of increasing depression for individuals that have a history of depression...also possible suicidal ideation. Which I declined all the commonly prescribed medications for Fibromyalgia. I’m not into medication shaming at all. I have just found, I usually get several of the side effects. We are definitely all allowed to have different opinions and their based on our personal experiences. I have not had healthcare providers that are forthcoming on possible side effects. I also experienced really bad angry, increased anxiety and depression with other medication. I believe Gabapentin was one of the medications that was pulled off the market and later put back on the market. What I do personally is visit the manufacturers website for possible side effects. The FDA can tell you if a lot of individuals have reported side effects with blah blah medication and what side effects. I’m not a gambler, so I get that pharmaceutical companies use the terminology of possible side effects. I just don’t gamble.

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TunedOut