ArtleyWilkins
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2020 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post
I always found those people to be interchangeable.
I agree with this. There are other therapists out there. Life is too short to stay with a therapist that isn't working for you. It isn't an insult or betrayal to look for someone that works better for you; that's just self care.

I've have multiple really great therapists over the years simply because I moved or they moved or whatever. What that helped me realize is there is more than one therapist out there who I can work with and benefit from. In fact, I personally found each was different enough that their unique perspective and approach helped me see things differently, work through different issues, etc.

You don't have to stay in the same clinic unless you just plan on using someone else temporarily. I did that a couple of times but honestly it wasn't really therapy - just a spot to check in with someone. When you are still considering another therapist as "your" therapist, you tend to not completely utilize a substitute, but it can help to just have someone to touch base with. It took restarting with someone completely to really do the work again.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight