View Single Post
Anonymous43434

Default Aug 02, 2020 at 05:30 AM

I'm CinereousNadir. I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, general depression and possible Aspergers. I also suffer from religious trauma syndrome, though it's still not included in the DSM.

My whole life I've felt like I just don't belong anywhere in this Society or on this planet. I was born into a religious cult that basically destroyed my mental health with rampant perfectionism, guilt and shame. Even though I left it behind years ago the effects still linger; I still get recurring nightmares about being coerced or blackmailed into going back to church, and about being trapped inside a church building. I'm still triggered by religious people all the time.

It seems that my worldview and personality are fundamentally incompatible with people. I'm extremely introverted, thanks to decades of social phobia and the resultant avoidance. I've never had any interest in the things that matter to most people, such as friendships, dating, marriage, children, home ownership, career advancement, etc. I just want to be left alone by everyone, even though I know that's logically impossible.

I'm not sure why I'm even here; I know I won't fit in.

Last edited by bluekoi; Aug 06, 2020 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: To bring within community guidelines.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, downandlonely, Fuzzybear, Idk1991, NightmarishBunny, Open Eyes, possum220, ShaneG, Yaowen, Yzen, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
Idk1991, ShaneG, Skeezyks