Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2020 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritytoo View Post
I have always had trouble shopping for food. I don't like to go to the supermarket. But recently I become nauseous just thinking about food. I eat to survive. I have no interest in food. I was at the supermarket last week and was so nauseous I thought I would have to go outside. I am almost angry that I have to shop for food. Does anyone else have a similar experience?
no I have never had a problem with food shopping when I was DID. put simply which ever alter was in control would take the shopping list off the fridge and go do the shopping. food shopping is just something I grew up doing, my parents would give me some money and tell me what to do and how to do it. I went shopping with my parents for school and food shopping as a child regardless of whether I was dissociating or not. I think the first time I went shopping on my own for milk and bread I was about 7 or 8. and because my DID began before I was 5 and it was normal for my parents to pack us all up in the car or have us put our shoes and socks on and we all walked to the store from the date of our birth, shopping was just normal for us to do.

you posted you are on cancer meds / chemo and such right. cancer meds do cause a person to have problems with eating. maybe you can check with your paperwork and your doctors on what the side effects are on the chemo and and other meds. let them know you are having problems with foods and shopping makes you nauseous. maybe they can get you set up with meals on wheels and other services where someone else does your shopping and food prep for you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote