Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2020 at 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
I was getting 40 tablets of hydrocodone per month. They were 10 mg/365 mg. A week ago I came to the end of my month's supply on Friday morning. But it wasn't the end of the month. So Saturday morning I had no pain pill to take. By late Sat. eve, I had restless leg syndrome. It's a form of akathesia, and it's horrible. By Monday morning I was losing my mind. I remembered I had some pramipexole that hadn't worked in the past, but I took a bigger dose than in the past. Seemingly it worked. I fell asleep and woke up with no sense of akathesia. Next day I saw my provider, and she upped my supply to 60 tabs per month and let me fill the script immediately. I was shocked she did both of those things. But I sure was pleased.

Besides the restless leg syndrome, I had felt miserable all over - like I had the flu. Even my eyeballs hurt. I would not have thought that using about 25 mg of hydrocodone per day could set me up for withdrawal, if I ran out. Also I would not have thought that withdrawal symptoms could start that soon after a last dose.

I guess those symptoms were withdrawal because soon as I got the script filled and took 15 mg I felt greatly improved. I haven't felt physically unwell since, except for my usual aches and pains.

Without hydrocodone I am so sore l stay in my recliner and do nothing. With it, life is worth living and I get stuff done. For at least part of the day, my soreness is gone. But I am worried about what's ahead for me. That akathesia is an absolute nightmare. I figure I better ration my supply so I don't run out. I'm wondering if everyone who takes it is that sensitive to a break in their supply. Maybe someone on this forum has insight.
Yeah, the time course is perfect for withdrawal. Not sure of your weight, but 25 a day is not a tiny amount. More than enough to become dependent. From what you share, you are definitely dependent on hydrocodone.

Good luck!!

Thanks for this!
Rose76