Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Aug 03, 2020 at 06:00 PM

DECOMPRESS + OPTIMIZE

M. Hi. Need to decompress and get some advice on what to do next.

C. Sure. What’s on your mind?

M. Spent the morning working on a bunch of personal and business tasks that I have been procrastinating, but that are not that impactful, so feel like I’m just being lazy and fearful about dealing with more important issues, so feel like a bit of a low life.

C. Let me ask you a few questions

M. Okay

C. Aren’t you, at least in a small way, relieved to have finally gotten this stuff off your plate?

M. I suppose

C. Did you learn anything useful from the webinars that you can use for the SPW or PAPB projects?

M. I think so.

C. So, not a complete of time and now you have these issues done. If you hadn’t done this stuff, it would be lingering in the back of your mind. Now you’ve cleared the deck and freed yourself up to focus on the bigger, more impactful issues.

M. Makes sense. It does feel good to have this stuff off my plate and it was beneficial to learn from industry experts, this will definitely help with the PAPB project because it will incorporate many of these ideas. Plus, I got the idea of creating Expert/Thought Leader-based PAPBs from listening to the SH webinar.

C. That’s a great idea. Plus, hats off to you for investing in “sharpening the saw.”

M. Thanks

C. A few more questions

M. Okay

C. What’s the mental hurdle that’s making the SPW project “scary”?

M. It seems like a huge endeavor and I’m afraid that there is still ton left to do, and that the more I do, the more new stuff I’ll find out I need to do.

C. Okay. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you write out precisely what next steps you need to take.

M. Maybe

C. Please check

M. You’re right. I did.

C. Good How many items are remaining?

M. 6

C. What are they?

M. Here you go..

1. Review previous PB scorecard
2. Create PN scorecard aligned with PM
3. Add “Milestones”
4. Review “Learning Objectives” for WS
5. Add PM screenshots to deck
6. Create brochure

C. Which of these can you do while watching TV and simply take notes on? The idea is to figure which of these tasks you can do in a less intensive, more relaxing environment without having to be in front of the computer, so that when you get to the deck, it’s an easier process. Think of these set of tasks as brainstorming and planning activities that will set you up to more easily work on the document. Plus, you’ll have a better sense for what’s required to finish the project. Make sense?

M. It does. To answer your question, these are the tasks I can brainstorm in a paper notebook in front of the TV.

1. Review previous PB scoreboard - can look these up in email and DB
2. Create PN scorecard - can review DJ’s email and Excel then sketch
3. Add Milestones - can review PM and add these to scorecard
4. Review Learning Objectives - can review doc and sketch out slide ideas
5. Add PM screenshots - can decide which to show and how to display
6. Create brochure - once done above items can sketch outline of one pager

C. Well done. Is this helpful?

M. Big time! I was imagining having to eat a whole, massive elephant, instead of taking one bite at a time, so to speak.

C. Exactly. So, after our session I’d like you to plant yourself in front of the TV put on PBS and then start going after each item. See what you can do in the next hour or so, then comeback and update me. Okay?

M. Okay. Great plan.

C. Before you go, imagine telling MG the following:

You: “Hey MG, how you doing?”

MG: Good

You: “Great. I’m super busy.”

MG: “Oh yeah? What are you up to?”

You: “I don’t remember if I told you but I’m working with ST’s head of strategy to help create their C Practice. He used to head up M-H in NA and wants to create a competitive practice to their SS program.

MG. Oh

You: It’s a great opportunity. Making good progress but super time consuming.

MG. Oh

You: Yeah, I’m developing the program and the collateral. Plus, we’re going to make this available via PM.

MG. Oh

You: They’re very excited about it because it represents an opportunity to cross-sell their 100s of corporate accounts and gives their reps another offering to sell. Plus, we’re going to go after VCs and PE companies with this offering. The idea is to compete more effectively against WBD, M-H, and FM.

MG. Oh

You: Plus working on creating the PAPB. Pretty excited about this because for a fraction of the price that companies would pay for ST, they can equip their SPs with a customized PB that also includes proven and logical best practices and tools for each ___ of the SP integrated into SF.

MG. Oh

You: What are you up to?

C. How do you Ike that?

M. Love it!

C. Great. Ok, get after the SPW project brainstorm stuff, then come back later. Okay?

M. You got it!

C. Feel better?

M. Absolutely!! Thanks!!

C. You bet.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote