View Single Post
jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Aug 04, 2020 at 02:13 AM

i just want to get some thoughts on this, see how others would act/react faced with the same situation.

so you've been 'adjusting' to the tele-medicine video appts that clinics have been using the past few months due to the virus pandemic. and lately most providers are doing 'in-clinic' appts again. but your one local physician STILL is not seeing patients face-to-face, due to personal safety reasons i guess. and so far, you've been 'adapting' to that, trying to be flexible yet understanding.

but now you're at a point where you "NEED" to be physically examined by the doctor -> as in 'this spot hurts' and 'feel this' and more. you need THAT kind of doctors appt to figure out what is going on and talk things thru (like they physically touch/check things as the appt goes along). if this physician will not be available for another month or so for the kind of appt you need, what do you do???

they are the only local physician you have/trust. yet so far, they haven't provided the names of other doctors for you to potentially see. do you wait it out 'for them' and hope nothing happens in the meantime?
you tried another physician at a different facility (a farther drive away), TRYING to possibly create another physician (like for cases like this) but they were even worse. [that's a story for another time] which means that option is out the window.

massive trust issues are involved here, especially since it involves medical issues & records. so how would you handle a situation like this if you or your loved one was in it????

[this is something i would have normally run by my aunt, who would've said things like 'this is what i would do' and 'dear, you should probably do this' and maybe even 'why have you waited this long'. :'') but i can't anymore and at times just feel lost, ya know.....]
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks