View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 06:50 AM

I think a bit differently on the issue. When someone tells someone else they should stop talking, to me that ends the relationship or the correspondence between you. That can be very hurtful to the person on the receiving end. Perhaps she didn't want to stop talking, despite the previous fight you had had. I say let sleeping dogs lie. It may stir up old wounds for her. After all, you were the one who ended the relationship. I don't think it's really fair to the go back and try to start things up again as friends.

I had someone do something similar to me. However, she had ghosted me completely. We met on a mental health forum, we wrote emails to each other for two years, but never met. Then she suddenly disappeared without an explanation. I was very hurt by that. Then she just as suddenly reappeared and emailed out of the blue three years later and wanted to pick up the friendship again. I was so hurt by her ghosting me, that I said no. I wasn't interested. I had written several emails asking her where she was and why she stopped writing me. She had never replied and didn't give me an explanation at the time.

While my story is different, I say let it be. Just my two cents!

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote