View Single Post
rebecca1938

Member Since Jan 2015
44 hugs
given
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daffodils View Post
Hi Rebecca, I've tried to read through your thread since I'm dealing with many similar issues with my son who will be 20 soon. He is aggressive, wont help contribute when he has money, leaves all the cleaning and management of his life to me. I'm almost homeless. I'm on disability. I did kick him out a while ago, no charges laid but upon him returning his is still refusing to accept being responsible and respectful. I'm fed up. But during covid help is limited, shelters have waiting lists etc. I went so far in my life attending school meetings, getting counselors and support workers to no avail. My heart aches but there is only so much I can do. I cant demand respect from a son who has utterly no.value in his eyes of me. I too, retreat to my room, have to protect myself etc... the mental health system failed him. I am exhausting all resources to get him his own roof. I'm glad you.are free of her even though as mothers it is so difficult to do. I praise you for everything you did to help her. Best wishes to you and your family!
Hello there,
I am very sad to read this. You deserve better. I feel like no matter how hard life is, if your kids love you, it makes life so much better, so if you are already struggling and your son isn't appreciating you, that's very hard to take.
I feel the same about being let down by mental health help. I think it is VERY hard to find resources to help. You would think that we did nothing to help our daughter, but we did a LOT. She saw psychs, she saw therpaists, she was an inpatient for a few days. DCF (dept of children and families) came to the home to speak to her. (The DCF guy came and told her how lucky she was to live in our home and how he routinely went to the bad part of town where the poor kids had no chance as everything was stacked against them) but she took all the help and advice and just threw it away. If I had written down all of the things that had happened with her I'd have a book people would read and say 'that cannot be true.' I look back and wonder how my husband and I are still alive and sane to be honest. I mean I'm only relaying like 1/10th here of what she is like.
Anyway, I don't mean to turn this back to me. I am sorry you are going through this. I wish I could make it better for you. I will be thinking about you and hoping that your situation improves, and that your son one day realizes how amazing you are and gives you the respect you deserve. Just know you are not alone. You did your best.
All of the love to you.
rebecca1938 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852