Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnTime2896 View Post
my coping with death isn't healthy, i'd imagine. i'm not sure what healthy grief looks like since i've never seen it once in my life. not with myself or those around me.

i lost someone special to me recently. she was something special for sure, could light up a pitch black room.

i'm smoking for the first time in years, not much, but still smoking cigars. i'm drinking more again. almost daily, except tonight and instead i am stoned. stoned and alone is preference right now....... what drug can make me feel less of this?
I am sorry about your pain MtnTime.

I understand needing something to cope; however, my experience is that alcohol is one of the worst ways to cope with grief because it is a depressant and grief can really push us into depression. Hopefully you can figure out how to cut back on the alcohol somehow though I know it is hard to do. Though being stoned can sometimes help people relax, it pot is used too early in the day, it can make you lazy and one of the best ways I found to cope with grief is to find a project to keep myself busy. As for a possible drug that might help, when I was going through a crisis, I was prescribed a low dose of Zoloft and it did help numb my emotions but I was still able to get things done on it. I know I shouldn't suggest a specific drug but I do think that something like Zoloft might be better than large amounts of alcohol and pot. Hang in there!

Last edited by TunedOut; Aug 04, 2020 at 12:00 PM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MtnTime2896