View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 04, 2020 at 01:04 PM

I am SOOOOOO angry at my husband right now. He has been trying to force this cat onto me, when I told him yesterday that I never even wanted a third cat to begin with, that I only said yes to him because I didn't want to be the a-hole, and now our sister in law has found the cat a home, he is trying to make me feel like the a-hole regardless for giving her away to a different family. Mind you, the new family is a friend of the original breeder of this cat. They have a similar breed cat who can buddy up with this cat and play with her. She will be in good hands, well cared for and loved. They are excited to have her, they live within our state and are willing to come pick her up.

But now I am the a-hole because I want to send her away and not deal with it anymore.

She's been isolated from the other 2 cats for the past 18 hours, locked in her own room with food, litter, water, a bed, and toys. Apparently, we were supposed to isolate her for 3-5 days to begin with, in order to properly integrate her with our other 2 cats and into our home.

I am laid off from work and am therefore home 24/7 dealing with the new cat by myself. So I have to go into her room periodically to check on her, pet her, love her up and console her. I also have to deal with her crying from behind the door. He doesn't have to deal with any of that during the day because he's working.

He has been trying to force this on me rather than respecting the fact that I didn't really want to do this. And now he's telling me he's sick to his stomach over it.

I am really angry with him. He is NOT thinking of ME at all in this.

AND... we just talked on the phone about it. He was clearly so tense with me, and hung up the phone without saying I love you.

IF he makes me out to be the a-hole in this situation that sprung up because of HIS family, to his own parents AND friends, I am going to be livid and will divorce him over it.... I am THAT angry right now.

This is not only my fault, but I blame him as well for trying to force this additional cat on me.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Aug 04, 2020 at 02:25 PM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote