View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,517 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2020 at 07:20 AM

Pfrog, I learned something helpful to use when afraid or anxious. It's the difference between "be safe" and "feel safe." Be safe is the world around us. If someone is pointing a gun at me I am not safe, but if nothing in the world around me is threatening my physical self I am safe. Feel safe comes from within. When I am afraid of losing my job because of lack of business I am physically safe. The fear is generated by my thoughts.

Some times making myself stop and assess whether I'm in physical danger helps me curb my fear. I'm in no way trying to minimize your fear. There are damned scary things going on in your life. I'm not always successful at taming my own fears using this, but it does help ground me.

I believe the Covid situation is increasing fear/anxiety for a large part of the population right now. For me at least there is this ever present worry about the virus in the back of my mind. Personally I believe virus fears hit on both an actual physical threat and my thoughts about it. Th er re are days I try to convince myself there is no need to worry because I'm taking all the precautions I can that I still tell myself to F-off and go ahead and be scared.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006