View Single Post
JustMeABC

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Aug 05, 2020 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyGirl View Post
Good morning,

My husband and I are 36 years old. We've been married 12 years and our marriage has become increasingly difficult since we started having children 7 years ago. We have two kids now. I've also felt like we do not have an emotional connection nor valued in our relationship. All he seems to care about are 'tasks' and disregards my feelings. I'm looking for companionship and I'm having a hard time finding it with him.

Recently we are dealing with him being newly diagnosed with autism. Can anyone give me tips how to cope?

Thank you,
Jennifer
Jennifer,
I read your post with interest. My 30 year old son was just recently (2 weeks ago) diagnosed with Autism Spectrum DIsorder. I always wondered why he never had a girlfriend or seemed to show any interest. I am wondering how you and your husband met? I would love for my son to find someone understanding. His entire social life is centered only in the gym, weight lifting, etc. But now with Covid-19 the gym closed March 12 while we were there. Still closed. But even at the gym, his interactions with others were only about fitness, nothing else.
JustMeABC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote