View Single Post
ArtieTheSequal
Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,796 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 05, 2020 at 02:02 PM

I'm feeling sad today. I just got the news that one of my old camp co-counselors passed away this morning from an aggressive cancer. I only just found out a few days ago that she'd been sick; we hadn't been in touch since camp years in the 1980's but I remember her fondly. One of my other friends from those days that I'm still in contact with let me know. I'm sad about her family's loss, anxious about the pandemic, politics/the state of our country right now, and feeling stress about all the changes h has us in the middle of financially right now and I don't 'see' you again until 8/14. I'm hangin' in the best I can doing more online circles with my drumming group every week, and continuing my "deep journaling" which is therapeutic in itself. I'm able to catch myself at the beginning of anxiety attacks now and talk myself down and out of them, it's not easy by a long shot, but I'm doing it. I felt one coming on just writing this post here and I stopped for a few minutes to just breathe and focus on the good stuff that's happening right now too. Like my 2 friends who just sold their houses and are now full-time RV'ers. And my son got a new(er) car to replace the old heap that finally broke down. And my Mom, at 80 is healthy and so far avoiding covid by staying at home. And you recovered from having covid. There's still lots of good things. I can't let myself lose sight of them.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Lemoncake