View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 06:41 AM

I think I used to do something similar. After a traumatic event I would start to mull over it in my head until I started feeling that sinking gut feeling and burning chest feeling that is associated with your body's release of cortisol. Even though it was a bad feeling I would numb myself and dissociate this way. I did this for years.

I think the important thing is to search for the explaination that helps you explain your life story. This may change over time, too. I think the basics of psychology are to help us make sense of our past so that we can move forward. If I know what happened to me in the past and why I behave the way I do now I can start to make changes that make me feel better and help me get along with others. If chatter in your mind used to cope with stress makes sense to you then go with it. Now you can work on being mindful and stop yourself when you start to chatter. Replace those thoughts with positive affirmations. Or, try and figure out a different reason why you chatter so you can make a change.

You are doing great work! Keep it up!
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Rive1976

Thanks for this!
Rive1976