View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 09:03 AM

Honestly? Sometimes I am actually grateful because I don’t want to be a part of the “drama” and the “getting high or drunk”. Some actually never grow up and instead remain “partiers” like their senior year in high school or freshman year at college.

I tend to think of a box in different environments. And a lot of the time the most needy and self centered fills that box the most. When this type of individual experiences something everyone else is pushed aside and this individual makes it a point to take up the space in the box.

Often there tends to be a pair that takes over the box or space. I have seen this on school busses, classrooms, neighborhoods, work places, and clubs.
Typically it’s the drama queen and the enabler. (Or drama king). Everyone else is supposed to accommodate this and allow these individuals to fill the box or space.

Well, it’s important to keep in mind that more often than not “sheet floats”. The box or environment becomes about “them”. Not going along or fitting in doesn’t mean a person isn’t worthy or without value. All it means is the box is full of the “drama” that takes priority. Everything is about them being seen and heard the most. Others are only important as long as they go along with this and understand who is supposed to be the center of attention.

Rejection doesn’t mean having no value or worth. It may feel like that especially in ones childhood. Yet it doesn’t mean how it feels and it can take anyone time to understand that. Instead the reason this happens is due to a parents or others inability to connect in a normal caring respectful way. The praise is in fact all about THEM and their need to be the center of attention. Being left out leaves room to grow rather than follow or get sucked into the constant “drama”.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote