Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
I got called into HR today. Basically I’m up for termination for using up all my UTO (I only had 10 hrs which covers 1 shift) and I have went into the negative by 6 hrs of UTO. He said they’re gonna let it slide because I just recently became a blue badge which has these rules that my “white badge” didn’t, which was on a point system.... but basically I can’t miss the rest of the year until UTO re-accrues. I personally think missing two nonsecuative days isn’t warranting of termination and that’s extreme but anyway... I told him it is a medical thing and what are my options.

He said I can ask for leave accommodation— basically I have to get a doctor to say because of a medical condition I’m allowed to miss X hours a month or something. That paperwork will take some time and until then I’m SOL if I am late or can’t make it. I can’t afford to lose this job. They’re not firing me but I am in tears. I can’t handle this very well right now.

Will having a mental illness be accomodatable? I’m not looking for anything insane.... just to be able to miss more than one day of work without being on thin ice. I don’t even know my psychiatrist well enough to even ask about it. I may just have to move back into a toxic household. I can’t afford to be without a job. I’m really upset.

Any experience with this? Am I lost cause? I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.
How long can it take to write anote w your dx on it? 5 minutes?

You are protected under the ADA. You can sue them for discrimination if they do not accomodate you. Get that letter today!!!

Hugs.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, Moose72