Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Now I’m embarrassed that I went off. I am certainly half the problem and I know it. My therapist told me to not allow feeling shame to bother me (or something like that).

I stay because I really do want to, though I want to be at peace here (not even shooting for happy per se). I keep trying to end the relationship and run away because I have an anxiety disorder. There is no doing that in reality and I know it would not be an improvement.

Also, prolonged trauma from this issue and trauma from other abandonments (two that were fairly recent and significant) has not helped the anxiety attacks.
What I see you doing is backing down from your stance. Perhaps you do contribute to the problem, but you labeled what you experience as emotional and sexual abuse. How can you back down from that statement and now color it differently as though you're at fault and it's your own issues? I think you're trying to avoid the truth of the matter to maybe lessen the blow of staying. Someone does not use the word abuse unless it's applicable.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Aug 06, 2020 at 04:26 PM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote