Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalstar View Post
I am a 28 year old Traumatic Brain Injyury survivor and I am at the end of my rope. When I talk I normally say the wrong thing, to the wrong person, and in the wrong tone of voice. My Traumatic Brain Injury cases me to experience short term memory loss ao, when I say things I forget shortly after saying something.

At the moment, I currently live in an assisted living apartment with a roommate, whom we do not get along. I want to stop talking so I will not "get into trouble", upset, or offend someone. Problem is, I have talked 24/7 since the day I was born (or so I am told) and my brain is stuck at age 15 (when I obtained my brain injury).

My life is largely controlled by others: my legal guardian, state worker, doctors, etc. I am no good at most things and I do not like people generally. So, I am going to try to stop talking. I have done this in the past and failed quickly because I forget that I don't want to talk.
I'm sorry that you had to experience that. I understand being controlled by a guardian.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote