Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 10:20 PM

DECOMPRESS

M. HI. Feeling discombobulated.

C. Tell me more. What’s on your mind?

M. I have a lot of business and personal tasks on my plate and it feels overwhelming.

C. Go on

M. We’ve already discussed the business actions that I have to do, but it’s the personal stuff that is getting on my nerves.

C. Go on. What are the tasks you’re worrying about?

M. Okay. I list them out in know specific order

- Need to go to DMV to get my license renewed. Not eligible to do it online. Means I have to plan on half a day at the f’ing DMV office

- Need to get my new car worked on. Dealer told me they’ll need 5-10 days to do the body work

- Need to go to jury end of August

- Trying to get Comcast to put my new modem in their system. I’ve called like 10x and have to go spend 5 minutes on their ******** voice menu system before I’m told it will be an hour wait and that they’ll call me back. To be fair, they do call but my f’ing phone doesn’t ring and their message goes straight to f’ing voicemail, which means I start all over again. Why in the f*** can’t they just have a f’ing human being answer the f’ing phone and solve my issue in one f’ing call? It’s costing me money because I added my own modem.

- Have to go to f’ing Comcast store to return my old modem and cable box

- I’d like to get a new phone because our phones are old - the glass cover on mine is cracked - plus I’m tired of spending so much money with AT&T

C. Okay. Anything else?

M. Those are the major ones. The problem is that I also have a lot of big business tasks.

C. Okay. Let me throw out some ideas.

M. Okay

C. I suggest you go to the Comcast store to return the modem and cable box and see if they can take care of registering your modem. Try the link they sent you to see if that works. Do this on Saturday.

M. Okay

C. Monday morning go to the DMV. Just bite the bullet and go. Your license expired, so you have no other option since you can’t do it online. Take some work stuff with you that you can work on while you wait, so it’s not a complete waste of time.

M. Okay

C. Think of it this way. Do what I suggested and you’ll have these two headaches off your plate. Use tomorrow to work on your business projects.

M. Okay . That’s reasonable.

C. These are pain in the *** tasks we all have to do from time to time. I understand how it feels overwhelming because you also have a lot of big business projects to complete and that you want to get this all done by Thursday before you leave out of town.

M. Okay. You’re right. I think I was overly sensitive because I spent all day on car stuff and f’ing Comcast, but I’ll just do it and make the best of it.

C. Good. Was that helpful?

M. Yes, definitely. I needed to vent. Thanks for the advice. I’ll take it.

C. You bet.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote