View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 06, 2020 at 11:09 PM

Is anyone else job searching? Do you find it as difficult as I do?

I am one week away from completing a non-profit funded call center job certificate.

I've also had two phone interviews for an at home remote call center job, and for a front desk role at a chiropractor. I wasn't offered either job.

Then today, a recruiter called me to offer me a paltry one-day assignment next week. When I asked her why she didn't consider me for the three admin roles posted as direct-hires on her company's website, she had no response. When I turned down the one day role, I justified it by repeating that I need to find a direct hire or temp to hire role and wasn't willing to jeopardize my paltry weekly unemployment amount for a one day role.

The way it would have jeopardized my weekly state unemployment: after I report the income, it is deducted from the previous week's state unemployment. In my case, it would cancel out the amount as the one day assignment after taxes would net the exact amount I get every week (which is scarily under $200 a week). So, there is financially no reason to take a one-day temp job that will pay me less than what I get weekly for the next 2 months that would mean I'd lose a week's worth of state unemployment. It's just not worth the risk.

Right now there seems to be a plethora of call-center remote jobs b/c everyone is stuck at home and companies are not really hiring (as far as I can see on Linked In etc.).

Anyone else have any job hunting tips for this pandemic we're in?

Even if our gov't gets their act together, states will not be able to retro pay the PUA because they didn't with the CARES act. I didn't get my PUA until one month after it started and I was NEVER retro payed for those first 4 weeks when it was rolled out.

This is just so aggravating. I also do not like recruiters in general as they make a commission on collecting your resume for their metrics. They don't get a commission if they place you -- just if they have your resume on file as "active." It's such a scam for job seekers, the way that temp agencies operate.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
browneyedgirl20, Cocosurviving, Turtle_Rider