Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2020 at 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
Oh yes.....I get all the time, "How come you do not make Youtube videos?", how come you don't do this with your business, how come, how come, how COME!!

It makes me feel ashamed of myself that I am not living up to their standards.

Just breathing is hard enough as it is. Just existing on a daily basis is hard enough. I a doing what I am capable of doing.
Hey Moxie! Long time no see! I'm glad you're still here. Hope you've managed okay during the pandemic.

Thank you so much for commiserating with me. I so get what you are saying about feeling like you don't live up to someone's standards. "So and so does XYZ, why don't you do XYZ?" Because I don't and I don't have to explain to you! That's what I want to say anyhow.

The funny thing I notice is that lately, after posting this, I've been trying to just say "no" when I need to, and honestly people have been fairly okay with it. I always expect them to ask why, but that's because of my abuse. I think most people in the world are reasonable and if you say "no" they just accept it, or they ask what can you do instead if they need something. Like I've had people make requests, and I say no, and then they say, well, is there a way you can help me with X? And then I say how I can help and they are very happy that I said no because apparently what I suggest is way better. Go figure. Sometimes saying no is good for both sides...

Glad to see you're still on this side of the soil, Moxie!

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, Quietmind 2