Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 07, 2020 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
if you add someone too it, they can not see your posts or reply to your threads- and likewise. if someone ignores you, you can't respond to their threads- but can see their content

I imagine it also works for private messaging and visitor messages. but never tried that
sort of...

when ......you..........put someone on your ignore list they can still see your posts. ignore is so that ........you ..........do not see the posts of the people on your own ignore list.

example if I put you on my ignore list, I wont see your posts because I have "ignored" you, but you will still see mine. just like in real life if you ignore someone its you not paying attention to them, you not seeing them but they can still see you.

using ignore doesnt prevent the other person from fully using the site because if they try and post in your thread and discover they are being ignored by you, they can start their own thread on the same issue as long as its about something they are having the same issue with..

example say you have me on ignore. I see you are having problems with a nightmare. your post reminds me of my going through the same kind of problem. when I try and reply I find out you have me on ignore. I can make my own thread about having nightmares and how I feel about me having nightmares. I can quote your post and say in my thread something like I was reading posts and this thread reminded me of having the same problem. and I can write my post looking for help for myself about the same problems.

see you ignoring someone doesnt punish or stop them from posting on their own, just makes it so that ......you..... dont see the posts of those .....you..... have on ignore and ......you...... dont have to interact with them inside your own threads.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn