mote.of.soul
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
22k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 08, 2020 at 01:56 AM

@Emily Fox Seaton

Yes, it's interesting because along the lines of what you're saying - and I'm open to different ideas - I've heard it said, purely from a spiritual or mother nature point of view, that the pandemic is like the earths immunity system attacking and bringing into line the organism causing sickness to itself, the organism bringing sickness to the earth - which is us. Because let's face it, humans collectively are having a very negative impact on the earths biosphere, a negative impact on the earth itself, we're killing the earth. And the earth is our own home!

So, as you pointed out, and others have stated similar things; the pandemic indirectly - or perhaps deliberately(!) - could be having a positive effect on a lot of people and also on the rest of nature, for sure. Nature might very well be trying to bring us into line, to make us more harmonious with the earth. Of course the loss of human life is very tragic, but on the whole, it might be for the best in the long term. I do like that idea.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote