Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 08, 2020 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedgrunt84 View Post
Just to clarify I don’t like to watch people struggling at all. I want to see life made easier for everyone. I just seem to notice “water cooler talk” at some workplaces I’ve been in for example, delighting in talking bad about the new person. Seeming to be gleeful about the fact that they will probably be let go by the company because they can’t get it together.
You know, some people make their own lives difficult by the choices they make & until they LEARN to make better choices there is NOTHING anyone can do to make their lives easier. All we can do is to not encourage or validate their bad decisions that keep them in the place they are. We can encourage them & talk them through making better decisions so they know there are better options but no one can MAKE them make choices that will make their lives better.

I have been dealing with people like this lately because I have been helping my neighbor who owns the farm next to me deal with the workers he had helping him fix to the falling down home there. I get to chat & have discussions in my truck with there people, most who have made bad choices & done jail time. Have had some interesting coversations about why those choices & what better choices they could have made. Bottom line.....we can't live their lives for them & we can't make their decisions but we can try to touch their lives in a positive way with thoughts on how to better handle situations in the future & hope that we have been able to plant some seeds for them to think on.

The problem I see with society is that many hate the conflict or think they just HAVE TO make those people "feel good" about themselves & their life & that will make them WANT TO change BUT if they only have the bad validated & never have been challenged to think other than how they think, that will NEVER happen. Society needs to be a positive force, not a silent one. (Have bern thinking on this a lot lately given the lives I have been around lately) I am more than willing to befriend & provide what help is needed & what I can but being "friends socially" is a whole different thing. I hate to ser them struggle BUT I can't change who & what they are....ONLY they can do that.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote