View Single Post
PsMe

Member Since Aug 2020
Confused Aug 08, 2020 at 05:15 PM

Married 47 years, disabled now 13 years from a Drs mistake giving me too strong of a drug, harmed my body causing lots of problems taking away all forms of my former life, job, families savings, etc. Slowly my husband drank more & more, now is VERY emotionally abusive even though he quit drinking 2 years ago... he just got worse since then taking away all my control of money completely. I can no longer cook, clean, etc because of my disability & he resents & blames all our life's changes on me, hating me. I am so very unhappy and I know I have to leave him but with no money, Covid, and being fairly unable to physically do very much as well as no where to go ... well it's just HARD. I finally called a lawyer & learned it will cost $4-6K just to begin the process to divorse (we own a house with some equity & he has some retirement) & the only way I can do that is a credit card which will explode my husbands wrath! I do fear him, although he hasn't in recent years harmed me physically. 4+ months ago I had to have Lung Cancer surgery & am still healing so I am very concerned about leaving my house, BUT the mental abuse is worsening! I have no where to turn, and it's truly scary out in the world!! What the heck do I do?! I honestly think my health is now at stake... I'm just at a loss at what to do and would love to hear from others ideas... if I was healthy, with money, it would be another thing. And if being in the world without Covid it wouldn't scare me so much! But I just don't think I can take this anymore!! PLEASE help!
PsMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, unaluna, WovenGalaxy