View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Aug 08, 2020 at 09:08 PM

I'ld appreciate any feedback on how to use Seroquel successfully. The prescription label says take one each night. (I think they're 50 mg.) Well, since it seemed to help me through the nite, I decided to take it 2 additional times today. After the second time, I got light-headed when I stand up.

After several days of anxiety that felt awful, I was ready to swallow anything that might reduce that anxiety. I have a drawyer full of psychotropics prescribed by various providers over the last 2 months. I was taking Vistaril without much relief. I've got buspar, depakote, trazadone. I've popped each of them and stayed a nervous wreck. Last nite I tried Seroquel. That actually did me some good. I stayed asleep through the nite. (I'ld been waking up in the middle of the nite - like 3 or 4 a.m.) Plus I woke up feeling less anxious.

So I thought I hit gold. Then I figured, if a little is good, more might be better. If anyone thinks I should just follow doctor's orders, You're right. But desperation can override normal good sense. I told my prescribers yesterday that I was living in a nightmare of anxiety, since about Aug 2. So my prescriber recommends the Seroquel 50 every eve. Then he says I can tell him in 2 weeks how that's working out. No - I can't depend on med orders from someone who checks me every 2 weeks. Not when I'm in a living hell.

Can anyone tell me how Seroquel worked for them? How much did you take? Did it help with anxiety or insomnia? Did you have any adverse reactions?
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist