FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Aug 09, 2020 at 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I, too, have experienced "med wars." And it can be very frustrating. Lithium and Lamictal together is not a combination I'm familiar with, but it sounds intense.

I have experienced the "flat" feeling that mood stabilizers can cause. That feeling, in my experience, can be soothing following a crisis. But once I'm stabilized for awhile I do not want to feel flat (maybe some people call it "numb".)

I recently reduced my Lamictal from 425mg down to 300mg and I'm feeling good at the new dose. Not so flat.

You might be over-medicated. Talk to your pdoc as soon as you can. I think that ideally, meds should provide stability without sapping life force.

Thank you, I will talk to him this week! I'm only at 200mg Lamictal so far, but I would be willing to go up with that if I can reduce or get rid of the lithium. I do think the lithium has "stabilized" me to an extent, just not in the mood where I want to be. It's stabilized me on the depressive side while taking away all my happiness and hypomania. That's the opposite of what I want. From what I've heard I'm hoping Lamictal (if not opposed by lithium) will have the effect I want. Hopefully my Pdoc will agree because I'm already stopping Seroquel at the same time as well...
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote