View Single Post
ElectricManatee
Magnate

Member Since May 2017
4,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Aug 09, 2020 at 08:59 PM

My T has gotten divorced and remarried in the time I have been seeing her (nine years). I found out about the divorce when the nameplate on her door changed, followed by her telling me about it immediately after that at the beginning of the session. I found out several years later that she was getting married when I noticed her gigantic engagement ring in session.

I was pretty pissed off about her getting married for reasons that were difficult to explain and rooted in childhood trauma. I was afraid she would change things (move, quit her job, etc), and I felt left out and afraid of being abandoned. Our relationship has always felt parent/child to me, so the child aspect had all the fears you might expect they would have when the parent figure unilaterally decides to get remarried.

That whole chapter was intense and unpleasant, but we worked through it and I feel fine about her being married now. I think wading through all those emotions was somewhat healing in the way that ruptures often are. She didn't end up moving or closing her practice (at least not so far), and she visits her husband (who still lives two hours away) every other weekend. I know this because she alternates our Friday session between their two houses with very different decor.
ElectricManatee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake

Thanks for this!
Lonelyinmyheart, Lostislost, NP_Complete, Quietmind 2