View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2020 at 01:03 AM

That my be your experience and I want to validate that. I also want to share that it isnt always or usually the norm. If a doctor spends 10 minutes with you or your child or anyone and diagnoses them after those 10 minutes its time to find another doctor for a second opinion. I have BPII and ADHD and have been on adderall for 14 years. My son is 24 now and was diagnosed with adhd at 3.5 and began meds when he was 4. They literally saved him. His evals showed is IQ was off the chart but the adhd was preventing him from using that. He took meds until age 16 and made the decision to stop meds. He just graduated with a double major in Political science and journalism with a minor in international studies. He already passed his Pre-LSAT and is pre-law. He just got a job with an international company starting at 50k which for a fresh graduate is unheard of. I am not bragging just sharing that meds are not always the demons that they are believed to be but I am in agreement that they are not always for everyone. Both my girls are ADHD and cant tolerate the side effects of stimulants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daffodils View Post
ADHD and ADD are thrown around and diagnosed without really knowing. My son was only about 6 years old and after a literal 10 minute appointment she said let's get him on adhd meds. We went on and off with meds for our son. The schools only comment "well he isnt a bother to any other kids when he's medicated" , meanwhile he is the one getting pushed and bullied. He didn't eat hardly anything and got irritable at night couldn't sleep. In my opinion and it's only my opinion, adhd is a garbage can diagnose to make a child "behave and be quiet". These are strong meds. Been on them myself and it's like you are zoned in but feel horrible and anxious at the same time. It might work for some parents, I'm not saying they are wrong to choose to medicate this way but I know my experience with so called "help" for my own son.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852