View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2020 at 01:22 AM

I do not mean insomnia or mania. I have had sleep issues for years and even had a sleep study. Years ago I used to take heavy sedatives but all that did was drug me so I sleep trained myself, and religiously followed that protocol with no issues for years. This is different.

I can go to sleep at my regular bed time. But it is like a crap shoot when I'll wake up and I can not go back to sleep. Like this morning I was up at 1:15- yesterday it was 230. My sleep training involved certain bedtimes and wake up times so 4-6 am was my usual but 2 or 3 or 1? Its the hormones. I was officially told I am in menopause even though I am 45.

I had blood work and a uterine biopsy to confirm it. They tried a hormone pill and it made me bleed for weeks at a time so in April before a lockdown they said no more hormones to see how I do. So here I am wondering if I will have my period or not. Havent had one in 2 months but usually end up getting one. I havent officially stopped.

The hot flashes are insane, the night sweats and even the daily ones. TMI alert: I have to change my panties like 4 times a day, clothes too with this combo of high humidity, heat and menopause hot flashes and sweating.

I had a physical last Friday and my pcp wants me to try otc Estroven with soy. They make one with black cohosh but that will throw me out of whack my pharmacist said. He is ordering it for me because they were out.

How have any of you dealt with this? Am I alone here? I mean I try to be productive one I realize that I am up for the day and there is no hope for more sleep. My sleep training eliminated naps because then I cant go to sleep.
I do not have caffeine after noon. I take adderall but have been on it for 14 years and have had no issues so it isnt that. My sleep training literally took like 9 rough months about 8 years ago so it isnt my sleep hygiene.
I am open to suggestions and would love to commiserate with others.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut