Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
375 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2020 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omers View Post
Yes, she told me ahead of time and talked about it in session... almost like she wanted me to be upset/jealous. She was a very bad T for me. My biggest thing was she showed me a picture of the guy she was marrying and he totally creeped me out. Later on I met him in person... just as creepy.
If it were current T he would tell me as I would pick up on him acting funny and I’m sure he would take some time off. If I was feeling brave I would ask all kinds of questions about the woman he was marrying. Had he been single when we started therapy I would not be able to imagine him with a wife and his getting married would be a huge trigger... so we’d talk about it a lot.
For the first 5 years of seeing long term T she was very single and a home body. Suddenly she started going away for the weekend to her home state and was just acting different, happier. She also mentioned how she was reconnecting with old high school friends (she was in her early 60's). I suspected she was dating somebody but didnt say anything. One day she as part of the conversation that she was dating one of her high school friends. I instantly said I knew it. She asked how I knew and seemed very surprised. I told her why I suspected it. She reassured me that things were not going to change for as as she had no intentions of it changing her practice it just meant she wiudl be going to see him every other weekend and he would ne harr. I was still welcome to contact her on the weekends of needed as he knew that her work and clients were very important to her. She also said if anything changes I would be one of the first to know. She always kept that promise.

nottrustin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2