View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 10, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Hello Litbyfireflies: I see this is your first post here on PC. Welcome to Psych Central.

Thank you for sharing your concern. I'm not a mental health professional, however I do believe I can assure you you're not a sociopath. In the situation you describe in your post, this person you encountered sounds to me like a very nosy intrusive individual who has no sense of propriety nor any respect for personal boundaries. I don't think this had anything to do with any shortcomings on your part. In fact, it seems to me you handled the interaction quite gently & with great tolerance. Another person, in your position, might well have just told this "nosy Nellie" to get lost... or something far worse.

As you mentioned, you're an introvert. It's possible I suppose you could experience a touch of social anxiety as well... just a guess, of course. I don't really know. The other thing that may be a possibility here is that you are what is referred to as a Highly Sensitive Person. Here's a link to an article, from Psych Central's, on the subject of social anxiety along with links to 5 articles on the subject of the highly sensitive person:

Anxiety Disorders: Symptoms, Types & Treatments | Psych Central

Understanding a Highly Sensitive Person : What is an HSP?

What Makes a Highly Sensitive Person?

10 Tips for Highly Sensitive People

More Coping Tips for Highly Sensitive People

https://psychcentral.com/blog/5-gift...dium=popular17

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote