Magnate

Member Since May 2017
4,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmechanic View Post
I'm okay with the former therapist and the new therapist talking with each other. But only if the former therapist and I could first talk and if the current therapist would tell me what the former therapist shared with her. In that way, a three-way meeting would be good. The new therapist proposed this to the former therapist last fall, but the former therapist canceled the meeting when she learned that we were arranging for the meeting to be about repair.

This is the story.
Thank you for the update. I remember you posting about the "temporary" move before and what a complicated, hurtful situation it has been for you.

It sounds like -- for whatever reason -- your former therapist is not willing to discuss the situation with you or to engage in a three-way conversation with you and the new therapist. And the new therapist isn't willing to share the details of any conversation she may have with the former therapist. In a way, this simplifies the decision-making process for you. If you aren't willing to allow them to talk to each other on the terms they have set for you, then you can simply say no to the proposition.

This sounds easy, but I know that it will be tough to give up on getting satisfying answers or repair from the former therapist. And the really difficult part will be healing from the relationship with the former therapist and all the negative emotions that came up for you with her and the ways she let you down. Hopefully the new therapist can help you process all of this so you can feel some peace within yourself.
ElectricManatee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2