View Single Post
paladin313

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Aug 11, 2020 at 12:53 PM

Indeed, what led me here is research on Autism Spectrum Disorder. Though I am an adult and a touch long on the tooth, particular things have led me to believe that I was misdiagnosed with ADHD as a teen and I've had what they used to call Asperger's. I grew up in a time where little, if anything, was known about the disorder. Let me tell you, my childhood was a living nightmare, and it is amazing I got out of it with any sanity intact. At first, I was curious about the matter, then I started to do some research. I presented this to my cousin who raised a child with ASD and now works with autism awareness groups. She and I were very close to one another growing up, so she knows quite a bit about me. I started probing about ASD with her and myself after she posted a poster dealing with signs an adult has ASD and were misdiagnosed or never diagnosed at all. For about 80% of it I could say was still true about me, and almost all of it was true in my youth. I have taken several diagnostic tests, including the one on this site, and all indicate a high likelihood of ASD. I presented that to her and she was all, "Yep, I always suspected that of you." Now, I am looking for a solid answers and I hope I can find them.
paladin313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bat_Orchid90