View Single Post
nottrustin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
375 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2020 at 05:55 PM

I worked with two Ts for about 10 months. I had been seeing long term T weekly for about 9 years then started seeing EMDR bi-weekly. I won't say it was easy as it definitely had its challenges. Long term T knew all my trauma history and was always my safety net. When I felt like I was hanging on a ledge she was there to guide me down and catch me if necessary. The issue was that with traditional talk therapy we hit a wall in regards to my trauma. Both T's knew from the very beginning about the other. Emdr T knew about the bond long term T and I had. I encouraged them to talk to each other and they did on two occasion. Both of them told me what they discussed as they believed in transparency and that it was important to building and maintaining trust. As I said there were challenges. One being I couldn't suddenly just stop talking completely about my trauma and when I was triggered. When I needed to reach out to somebody she was my go to. I hadn't developed the trust with EMDR and she doesn't email with clients. If I contacted T about being triggered between appointments she will tell me T reach out to EMDR T or if I talked about it in appointments or struggles with EMDR t. She would encourage me to to talk to Emdr T. It was frustrating. Also, I dont think Emdr T really knew what her role was. However, we all kept open communication and worked through the challenges. If I had to do it over again, I would do it in a heartbeat.

nottrustin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote