catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 12, 2020 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel'smom View Post
Well that sucked. I was really out of it to the point I had to call my husband in. She did say that she thinks I exaggerate my symptoms sometimes. She's worried this will turn dangerous. She said I often have delusions but that's not psychosis because I understand that they're not proper. Thoughts. I did tell her the thoughts I had a couple weeks ago and then I have trouble being honest with her about them. She said I can't email. Did I can make list and share them with her when I call the word exaggerating keeps playing over and over in my head. I think she used the wrong word. I don't know we'll see what the doctor says next week

Yikes. I never, never want to hear any mental health professional tell a patient that they "exaggerate." Furthermore, I do not agree that just because you have a degree of awareness about certain thoughts or beliefs being questionable that it means you're not experiencing psychosis. Many people, myself included, have insight into psychotic thoughts, but cannot let them go for fear that they are real on some level.

Hugs from:
fern46, Victoria'smom