View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 12, 2020 at 07:23 PM

A chai sounds so good right now. We had a terrific little indie cafe here in town, but they couldn't make it through the pandemic

And one...or 2...of those new Oreos sounds good, too.

I have been a huge fan of Laura Ingalls Winder since I was a wee thing. I don't recall having seen A Wilder Rose. Definitely will check that one out! The Ingalls/Wilder story was much more complicated (and sad, in many ways) than the TV series led folks to believe. But then, they were human, leading human lives, not TV characters. There's a book I so enjoyed...called (I think) Pioneer Girl.

I am in awe of the pioneers and how they survived (or sometimes didn't).

I guess I usually lean toward general fiction to answer your question, Trav. Although Alice Hoffman and, to a certain extent, Isabel Allende, are in the genre of "magic realism." Carson McCullers is what I'd call classic literature. I also found out that she was a closeted lesbian, so most of her female characters are butch-type women, but set back in to '20's and '30's, in the south. Interesting perspective.

I loved mysteries when I was a little girl! I owned every Nancy Drew book. I haven't read many mysteries as an adult; I really don't know why. Although, the novel I'm reading right now is a semi-mystery.

My husband and I have owned an online book shop since 2008. It's a fun and really interesting way to bring in some income.

Ah, books!

I'll admit I'm no Starbucks fan, but I'll go there in a pinch. This morning, though, I read that all of our S-bucks in this region are closed right now (they were drive through only) because an employee turned up with covid

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Travelinglady