View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2020 at 06:54 AM

Today I have hit a real low, and I'm having trouble snapping out of it.

I lost my job due to COVID, and this week was terrible in terms of interviews and getting any real job prospects.

I am worried about trying to get a job during COVID since the market is oversaturated with so many qualified applicants.

My CEO hit on me during a lunch that we had yesterday. I was really bummed about it. It's just more evidence of the dysfunction of my last company.

A former colleague oddly would not forward my resume internally within his organization or to the hiring manager to help me get a job, and I don't really understand why. He told me to send my resume to a more junior staff member, who is also a former colleague.

Then my husband and I got into a conflict last night. It wasn't like it's been in the past and it wasn't a toxic fight, but I don't feel good because of it. He had made a decision and plans that included me, but without considering my input and preferences, so I got upset since it wasn't the first time he's done this. And today we are more tense with each other. He did not cuddle with me at all last night.

Yesterday I went to the thrift store and bought a cute dress to pick up my spirits. I couldn't try it on though due to COVID and when I got home, I discovered it was far too small.

A package I am waiting for hasn't been delivered yet.. it's lost somewhere in the mail. It's a cute handmade bag/purse I bought from Australia. One of the things that is helping me through COVID is to shop online and buy myself small gifts so that I can receive something fun in the mail and have something to look forward to. Now I don't know when this package will arrive. It's very frustrating. And I know that the mail service is hurting probably due to lower staffing levels.

COVID is frustrating me. COVID continues with no end in sight, and I am home alone today with nothing to do but dwell.

I just feel really down and could really use a pick me up. I need comforting words right now.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Christmas cookie, dsmith, sadp8r, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
*Beth*