Thread: Lamictal Dosing
View Single Post
pacman_789

Member Since Jan 2018
Default Aug 14, 2020 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter9 View Post
Lamictal worked really well for me. My main problem is depression. So it was more of a mood stabilizer for me.

The thing is I was rapid cycling until I reached my target dose. My mood would switch every few hours and it took weeks until I got to the target dose but once I was there things worked out really well.

I had to stop it after 4 years of taking it because it was damaging my liver. I suggest you ask your doctor for a liver function test once a year as part of your regular blood work. Better to catch lover damage early instead of late as was my case.
That sounds like me when I tried Lamictal alone. I was rapid cycling like crazy during the day. I also felt very activated (angry, couldn't sleep well), so I was afraid to raise the dose b/c it might get worse. Now, I'm on another mood stabilizer w/ it so hopefully won't have that problem. As you increased the dose, did it elevate your mood or just stabilize it?

Thanks for the note about the liver. I knew that was a risk with Tegretol but didn't know about Lamictal.
pacman_789 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote