Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2011
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2020 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
no I have never had a problem with food shopping when I was DID. put simply which ever alter was in control would take the shopping list off the fridge and go do the shopping. food shopping is just something I grew up doing, my parents would give me some money and tell me what to do and how to do it. I went shopping with my parents for school and food shopping as a child regardless of whether I was dissociating or not. I think the first time I went shopping on my own for milk and bread I was about 7 or 8. and because my DID began before I was 5 and it was normal for my parents to pack us all up in the car or have us put our shoes and socks on and we all walked to the store from the date of our birth, shopping was just normal for us to do.

you posted you are on cancer meds / chemo and such right. cancer meds do cause a person to have problems with eating. maybe you can check with your paperwork and your doctors on what the side effects are on the chemo and and other meds. let them know you are having problems with foods and shopping makes you nauseous. maybe they can get you set up with meals on wheels and other services where someone else does your shopping and food prep for you.

Thanks for sharing, The issue with food shopping has been with me since as far back as I can remember. It's something I have had to do for fifty years. In order to get out the door to food shop I just tell myself that we will go straight to the food store, shop at a slow pace until I have what I need, pay for it and get it in the car. Drive straight home and put it away. It is a robotic action. When I am done I feel relieved and that we were able to food shop. I put is off as long as I can. I hate it.
Claritytoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise

Thanks for this!
amandalouise