View Single Post
Bat_Orchid90

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Aug 15, 2020 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin313 View Post
Indeed, what led me here is research on Autism Spectrum Disorder. Though I am an adult and a touch long on the tooth, particular things have led me to believe that I was misdiagnosed with ADHD as a teen and I've had what they used to call Asperger's. I grew up in a time where little, if anything, was known about the disorder. Let me tell you, my childhood was a living nightmare, and it is amazing I got out of it with any sanity intact. At first, I was curious about the matter, then I started to do some research. I presented this to my cousin who raised a child with ASD and now works with autism awareness groups. She and I were very close to one another growing up, so she knows quite a bit about me. I started probing about ASD with her and myself after she posted a poster dealing with signs an adult has ASD and were misdiagnosed or never diagnosed at all. For about 80% of it I could say was still true about me, and almost all of it was true in my youth. I have taken several diagnostic tests, including the one on this site, and all indicate a high likelihood of ASD. I presented that to her and she was all, "Yep, I always suspected that of you." Now, I am looking for a solid answers and I hope I can find them.

All the quizzes i took say im likely to be as well!!! The issue is as far as verification... no one knows im going on this journey to discover so when it comes to assessing my parents for my history.. they are not available... and the cost is so high :’( i feel like ill never get answers or help. Every place ive contacted for an assessment ignores me...
Bat_Orchid90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, zapatoes