Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2020 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzclar View Post
I've been through a lot of painful times. What I have found out is that the body stores that stress in our tissues, and it impacts each system. Today, I had an appointment with a somatic practitioner who does bodywork, and I was surprised by what she told me. The upper back has nerves that connects to the digestive system, which can led to issues when chronic stress happens. And with every passing day/trauma/stress/anxiety that our mind, body, and spirit goes through each area is affected. It's not just the brain.

For me, I have digestive system issues, and spine pain, I also was diagnosed with major depression, PTSD, anxiety and psychosis. Each part of me reacted to the stress but it is all connected. After I had the bodywork done, I have felt better, both physically and mentally. It's amazing how much was released from working with my stomach.

I know not everyone will believe in bodywork. And that's okay. Just remember that we are not just our brains. We are a human being, that includes. The whole body, every cell, impulse, and memory, and behavior.

To me, this makes sense. But I know that not everyone can afford the bodywork, but I know it works for me.