Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2020 at 01:03 PM

Hi 5730. Welcome to Psych Central. I am sorry for the loss of your marriage, but it sounds like you have been working on yourself and taking care of yourself. Good for you.

It sounds like your life has revolved around your children and husband so when they are not there, it would feel lonely. Unfortunately dating sites tend to be dominated by people looking for physical intimacy. I have met people on meet ups where you are in a group of people that share similar interests. Of course with restrictions due to covid19, there may be fewer in person meetups, but even a zoom meeting is a way to feel connected to people. I was surprised how many exercise classes are being held in Zoom. There are also meditation classes and mindfulness. I have links if you want to reply to this post or send a personal message. @CANDC

I think joining this site is a good move for meeting people as friends and acquaintances that I have online. I enjoy the anonymity of Psych Central and hesitate to share personal contact info onsite, but that to me is an advantage because friendships build slowly and with less risk of having things turn sour.

These articles may be of interest
Loneliness | Psych Central

All By Yourself? 10 Ways To Overcome Loneliness

Hope you get the support you are looking for. This is rather a specific subforum so you may want to check out others and post there also https://psychcentralforums.com/

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
katberries, Velouria812