Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2020 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl20 View Post
I find that everyone has a different 'personality' around different people, whether it is around family, friends, work, strangers. They also have different memories and ideas of you too so your family will see you and remember you differently to your co-workers for example.

This is completely normal. I feel I can't be myself at work either, because my boss won't allow us to have friendly conversations with colleagues at all. We are only allowed to talk to colleagues if it is work related. Toxic environment, so I am completely restricted on how I behave, speak, act in the office not always out of choice. If I did have a choice, then I'd be very wary of being 'myself' in this environment. I'm making a plan to get out of there.

My old job was great because I could be myself and chat with co-workers during the workday.
Yep that is true. Everyone has a different way of acting towards different people. Although I do believe people do have a default way of acting around those they are closest to. For me, it is around friends. I'm able to be myself the most around them. As for coworkers, I'm wary as well. I'm sorry your work environment is very restrictive. That sounds like it's a bit too restrictive. Hope you get out of there soon.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
browneyedgirl20