View Single Post
here today
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2020 at 02:46 AM

What I found, with my bad ex-T experience, was that it triggered a very deep, hidden, apparently dissociated section of feelings that I had from my family of origin. It took 6 months of feeling horrible, plus being abandoned by the ex-T and not trusting any others, for the feelings from my family to be "released". So I could have said the experience with the T "released" the old feelings, but it was far from that easy and it was also intolerable and dysfunctional-making. 5 years later and I'm still dealing with it, and the original stuff, without any help and not very successfully.

So, I wonder -- is there anything that could be like that for you? Any trauma or family dysfunction at all, that perhaps you don't/can't really feel or know? If so -- getting that stuff "released" without all the re-traumatization (again) might relieve some of what you are trying to do now with new T?

Or, is there a way to talk around the subject of bad/harmful T's so that you could lay some ground work and/or get some clues about new T's feelings about things like that?

I know, for me, I still don't trust any of those people. But, given that you've started with this new T, I hope things work out for you. It doesn't seem like it ought to be THAT hard for them to catch on -- except there may still be a lot of them with the same kind of unresolved trauma, and how to tell? Please keep us posted.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
corbie, SalingerEsme