View Single Post
chalkbag

Member Since May 2020
2 hugs
given
Default Aug 18, 2020 at 03:51 AM

Hi indigo1015,

I haven't seen your post earlier so my reply is quite late. I have had a similar problem to yours. I was anorexic and suddenly started night time eating. I lived in a shared flat and even started eating my housemates food at night. I tried similar solutions as you did (taping my door shut etc.) but for a long time nothing worked. It's a horrible feeling this total loss of control and feeling of disgust and not understanding how it is possible to not be able to stop yourself.

I got antidepressants and moved in with my Mum for a couple of weeks. I asked her to lock the kitchen door and after a couple of days she did not even have to do that anymore because it just stopped and never came back. I am still struggling with eating but this has never been an issue since and I was very surprised how easy it was in the end. I assume my solution probably not the right one for you maybe it gives you some hope. I am really sorry that you are struggling with this (or maybe not anymore since the post is a while ago?)!
chalkbag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote