View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 18, 2020 at 02:59 PM

Even in the 21st century, many women's issues are overlooked. Perhaps it's our apparent competence that hides the truth. It's expected we multi-task without complaint. Like men, we can also feel isolated. Depending on our personalities, we can either speak out or keep quiet hoping the problem will go away. Hope this makes sense!

A couple of weeks ago I was doing research for an article. I contribute to an aircraft spotters website. Unusual for a female, but subjects are well received. During this research, I recalled a crash 45 years ago which killed members of various women's groups. Lots were also mothers. My second cousin's wife pulled out of the trip, reason unknown. As a result of survivor guilt and lack of counselling services then, she sadly took her life around 20 years later.

Now more than ever we need women's mental health to be formally recognised, as many are now the breadwinner of the family. Unfortunately, we will still encounter the male dinosaurs who think we should put up and shut up. That could be another reason why women's mental health doesn't get the coverage it deserves.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote